The Birth Of My Little Man

Just like his sister he decided he was too comfortable to come out so I was given a date to come in for induction, but this time I sort of knew what to expect although we were booked into a different hospital than before.

I went into the hospital at 8am and was brought to a ward after nervously waiting around for half an hour. There was 3 other couples also there on the ward waiting to be started like us. I was then told about what they were going to do and then they give me the drugs to help bring on labour.Have to say i hated the internal examination but then who does. I was brought into a little room of our own while the midwife wired me up to listen to baby’s heart beat. After a while I was allowed off the machine and hubby and I decided to go for a walk to the hospital shop but on the way I started getting pains and had to walk really slowly which i felt embarrassed about but I was determined to do it because I thought it might help baby come down.It definitely felt like the longest walk back to the labour ward since my pains had gotten worse. It felt more fast and intense compared to my first labour.

I got back to our little room and managed to eat and drink even though the pain was getting worse. The pain felt like the worse period pains ever I was offered pain killers which of course I jumped at, i also got given gas and air but to be honest i wasn’t really fused on it and I never used it the last time.

As time passed the pain progressed and I asked for an epidural again since it proved well for me the last time. However I have to say this time it didn’t seem to be as effective which I was told could happen in some people but never the less it took the edge off so I still recommend it, the worse part is sitting still in pain while they put the needle in your back. As time went on the contraction were becoming more frequent and i remember squeezing my hubbys hand everytime it happened and as all this was going on i could see that the midwife had everything set up for the baby coming including the little cot in the room which really made it all real for me, after years and years of trying and having to go through ivf this was it, i was finally going to meet my baby.

It was just after 7pm and I was ready to push but once again after half an hour the midwife decided i would need a little help from the forceps and said it was pretty common to happen again since it happened with my first labour, so in came the doctor and with alot of squeezing my hubbys hand out popped our little man at 19.51 pm and i remember the doctor joking with us as the little one came out in a superman pose so to this day we call him our wee superman. I had to have a few stitches which weren’t nice getting done but i was to busy admiring my little bundle that i didn’t notice too much. He weighed in at 9lbs 6oz and a length of 53 cm. The family knew we were having a boy this time as we couldn’t keep it to ourselves as we were over the moon about having one of each now since it took alot of time and one hell of a journey to get this beautiful little man.

jenson born

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s