As summer begins and it starts to heat up its hard to know what to eat sometimes, so i decided to make a very simple salad that can help encourage my 6 year old daughter to eat healthy.
Toadstool salad for kids. This went down a treat for my daughter as she said it reminded her of the video game Super Mario because there’s a mushroom just like it in the game. Of course this made me laugh, you never know what kids are going to come out with sometimes.
- 1 Large Tomato
- 2 Eggs
- Handful of lettuce
- 2 Slices Of Cheese
*Lettuce taken straight from our garden*
Directions I used :-
- I Started by boiling 2 eggs until they where hard. 8-10 Minutes should be enough time to ensure they are hard.
- Next I Placed the eggs in cold water for about 5 minutes to cool them and then I removed the shells carefully
- I then cut the top and bottom of the eggs so that they could stand upright
- Next I Washed and finely shreded the lettuce then placed half of it in small bowl
- I Cut the slices of cheese into small bite size chunks and spread them around on top of the lettuce
- After I then added the rest of the lettuce and placed the 2 eggs upright on top of the lettuce so they are standing upright.
- Then I cut the tomato in half and placed one half on each of the eggs. If it wont stay on for you try using cocktail sticks or toothpicks but be aware to remove them when serving this to young children.
- Finally I used mayonnaise to dot the top of the tomato