Here is my take on a homemade Creamy Tomato Soup, which is perfect and comforting in the colder seasons.
Ingredients I Used :-
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Red Onions
- 1Kg Fresh Tomatoes
- 1 Teaspoon Caster Sugar
- Balsamic Vinegar
- 125mls Double Cream
- 1 Litre Vegetable/Chicken Stock
- Salt and Pepper
Method Of Cooking It
- I Started of by pre heating the oven to 180°C then I Chopped the onions and garlic together and placed them on a tray. I then poured some olive oil over them and placed them in the oven for around 4-5 Minutes to roast slightly.
- While waiting for the onion and Garlic to roast, I cut the tops of the tomatoes and cut also cut them in half.
- Next I placed the tomatoes face down in the tray with the onions and garlic and poured a splash of balsamic vinegar over them and some salt and pepper to season. Now I would put the tray back in the oven at the same temperature for around 20-25 Minutes. Roasting them helps to intensify the flavour.
- When the tomatoes,onions and garlic are ready I placed them into a large pot with the Vegetable stock and a spoon full of caster sugar. Then I bring the pot to boil for for around 5 minutes before turning it down to simmer.
- I next added in the double cream,let it simmer again for 5-10 minutes then I blended everything together using a hand blender until its a creamy texture.
- Now its time to serve and enjoy.