Here a simple recipe for making chicken and broccoli bake. Packed full of vitamins its a great dish for the whole family to enjoy.
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 4 medium chicken fillets, chopped
- 1 medium onion
- 450g / 1lb of broccoli florets
- 1 tin of chicken or mushroom soup
- 1 ½ dessertspoons of curry powder
- 150ml semi-skimmed milk
- 50g Breadcrumbs
- 50g Cheddar cheese, grated
Method Of Cooking It
- First thing I do is to pre-heat the oven to 220°C /Gas Mark 7
- Then I heat the oil in the saucepan,chop the onion and fry for around 2 to 3 minutes
- Next I add the chicken pieces to the saucepan and cook for around 10 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking I would place the broccoli in a saucepan of water and boil for around 10 minutes.
- I then would mix the milk, chicken soup and curry powder together in a jug
- When the chicken pieces are cooked I would place them with the onion and broccoli into the casserole dish.
- Next I would pour the soup mixture over the chicken,onions and broccoli then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- The last thing I do is to cover the top of the mixture with the breadcrumbs and grated cheese.I love this part and the kids and I always end up nibbling on the grated cheese before it reaches the dish.
- Finally I cook it in the oven for around 30 minutes or until the cheese starts to crisp up.
- Serve and enjoy.