This lovely meat free Sweet & Sour Cabbage is a very easy and fast dish to make. Its packed full of vitamins and minerals to keep us healthy. This dish can be served as a side dish or as a main meal.I tend to serve it as a main meal by adding in quorn chicken pieces.It also works great by adding fresh egg noddles to fill it out.
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 Onion Sliced
- 2 Tablespoons of white wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons of sugar
- 750g Shredded Cabbage
- 2-3 Spring Onions Chopped
- 1 Red Chilli Chopped
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Quorn chicken Pieces
- I start by frying the onion in the olive oil until they are soft then I stir in the 2 tablespoons of sugar,2 Tablespoons of white wine vinegar and the chopped tomatoes.
- Next I add the shredded cabbage,the quorn chicken pieces and add a dash of salt and pepper
- I then cook this for around 10-12 Minutes and keep stirring it until the cabbage is soft.
- I then serve the dish in a bowl with the spring onions and chilli sprinkled over the top.