Here a simple recipe for making chicken and broccoli bake. Packed full of vitamins its a great dish for the whole family to enjoy.
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 4 medium chicken fillets, chopped
- 1 medium onion
- 450g / 1lb of broccoli florets
- 1 tin of chicken or mushroom soup
- 1 ½ dessertspoons of curry powder
- 150ml semi-skimmed milk
- 50g Breadcrumbs
- 50g Cheddar cheese, grated
Method Of Cooking It
- First thing I do is to pre-heat the oven to 220°C /Gas Mark 7
- Then I heat the oil in the saucepan,chop the onion and fry for around 2 to 3 minutes
- Next I add the chicken pieces to the saucepan and cook for around 10 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking I would place the broccoli in a saucepan of water and boil for around 10 minutes.
- I then would mix the milk, chicken soup and curry powder together in a jug
- When the chicken pieces are cooked I would place them with the onion and broccoli into the casserole dish.
- Next I would pour the soup mixture over the chicken,onions and broccoli then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- The last thing I do is to cover the top of the mixture with the breadcrumbs and grated cheese.I love this part and the kids and I always end up nibbling on the grated cheese before it reaches the dish.
- Finally I cook it in the oven for around 30 minutes or until the cheese starts to crisp up.
- Serve and enjoy.
I love cooking up this little dish as its easy, fast and is also my daughters all time favorite food. I hope to travel to Italy someday to try out the different Italian dishes and learn the ways they are cooked but until then this how I would make my Spaghetti Bolognese at home for the family.
Ingredients I Used :-
- 500g Mince
- 6 Slices of Back Bacon
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Onion
- 400g Chopped Tomatoes
- Tomato Puree Tube
- Grated Hard Cheese Powered for the topping
- Dried Spaghetti
Method Of Cooking It
- The First Thing I would do is to chop up my bacon slices then add a little oil to my pot and then I fry off the mince and bacon together.
- While the mince and bacon is cooking I then chop up the onion, mushrooms and garlic.
- Next I Take another pot and half fill it with water and then I put it on to heat ready for the dried spaghetti.
- Once the mince and bacon is well cooked I then add in the onions, mushroom and garlic together.
- The next thing I would to is to place my dried spaghetti upright inside the pot of hot water and bring it to the boil, as I do that the spaghetti will start to soften and fall into the pot.
- When the onions, mushrooms and garlic have been frying for a few minutes I would then add in my chopped tomatoes and tomato puree. I used half of my tube but you can choose how much you need to use based on how thick you want your sauce to be.
- Let the sauce simmer for about 10 minutes and keep stirring it. At this point you can also add in things like chilli flakes or a dash of red wine but as this is being served to kids I’m keeping it fairly plain.
- Once the spaghetti is completely soft I then drain the water out of it. I would normally leave in the strainer about 5 minutes to make sure there is no excess water that will end up on your plate.
- After the spaghetti is drained of the water I would then place it on the plates and when I am happy with my sauce which will be well cooked by now I then added the sauce in the middle of the spaghetti.
- The last thing I would do is to shake a little powered Hard Cheese on top for extra flavour.
I also served this with warm fresh garlic bread and there was clean plates all round am glad to say.