Here is my take on a homemade Creamy Tomato Soup, which is perfect and comforting in the colder seasons.
Ingredients I Used :-
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Red Onions
- 1Kg Fresh Tomatoes
- 1 Teaspoon Caster Sugar
- Balsamic Vinegar
- 125mls Double Cream
- 1 Litre Vegetable/Chicken Stock
- Salt and Pepper
Method Of Cooking It
- I Started of by pre heating the oven to 180°C then I Chopped the onions and garlic together and placed them on a tray. I then poured some olive oil over them and placed them in the oven for around 4-5 Minutes to roast slightly.
- While waiting for the onion and Garlic to roast, I cut the tops of the tomatoes and cut also cut them in half.
- Next I placed the tomatoes face down in the tray with the onions and garlic and poured a splash of balsamic vinegar over them and some salt and pepper to season. Now I would put the tray back in the oven at the same temperature for around 20-25 Minutes. Roasting them helps to intensify the flavour.
- When the tomatoes,onions and garlic are ready I placed them into a large pot with the Vegetable stock and a spoon full of caster sugar. Then I bring the pot to boil for for around 5 minutes before turning it down to simmer.
- I next added in the double cream,let it simmer again for 5-10 minutes then I blended everything together using a hand blender until its a creamy texture.
- Now its time to serve and enjoy.
Potato and leek soup is reasonably easy to cook and is perfect for the family especially in the winter months. It’s also great when your feeling under the weather and its an easy soup to freeze to have at a later stage although personally I prefer it when its fresh but that’s just me. There is probably many ways of making but here’s how I did it.
A list of what you will need :-
- 1 Large Leek
- Small Bag of Potato’s
- 6 Slices Of Streaky Bacon
- 2 Onions
- 2 litres of vegetable Stock although this depends on your pot size and how thick you want it.
- 25g Butter
- 1 Fresh Garlic clove or 1 teaspoon of Garlic Paste
Method of Cooking it :-
- I Started by chopping up my onions,bacon and leeks.I then Peeled and chopped my potato’s.
- Next I Melt the butter in a large pan, then I fry off the bacon and onion’s together until they are golden brown.
- I then make up my Vegetable stock and pour it in to the pot then add the chopped potatoes and leeks.
- Next I Add in my garlic and stir it well until the soup is up to the boiling point for about 15-20 minutes then I turn the heat down and allowed it to simmer for an hour and I kept checking and stirring it so that nothing will stick to the pot.
- Once everything is well cooked I then use a hand blender and blend the soup while still in the pot but do be careful doing this incase it splashes on you.
- Once I am happy with the thickness then it is time to serve.
This is how mine turned out and its safe to say the whole family really enjoyed it. I also served it with warm crusty bread and butter which went down a treat.