Soup is a great way to gain all those healthy nutrients that we need and with the winter months fast approaching its lovely to warm up with a nice hot bowl of soup.
I love experimenting with different flavours of soup and generally I don’t follow a recipe book much as I like to throw in different things to try so hope you like this one as its a little bit out there.
So here’s How I done It.
- Large Garlic Clove or two Small ones
- A punnet of wild mushrooms
- A punnet of Button Mushrooms
- 3 French Shallots
- 1 Leek
- 3-4 Potatoes
- 1 litre of Vegetable Stock
- Splash of white wine
- I Started by chopping up my Garlic,both sets of mushrooms,my leek,potato and shallots as this makes it easy as I go on.
- Next I use a large soup pot and fry off my garlic and for this I use a little sunflower oil.
- I then add in my chopped leek and shallots and add a little splash of white wine or a big slash which ever you prefer.
- Once everything is fried of I then added in my Vegetable stock, my chopped mushrooms my potatoes and turn the heat up to the boil.
- Once at the boil I would give it about 10-15 to ensure everything is soft and then i would turn the heat down and allow it to simmer for about 30-45 minutes.
- I then use my hand blending inside the pot to blend everything. Do be careful doing this as the soup will be very hot and may splash.
- Now that my soup is blended it is then time to serve. With soup I always recommend serving it with warm crusty bread and butter.
So there you have it my take on a Garlic & Mushroom Soup.
Thanks for stopping by and hope you have enjoyed reading this recipe or trying it out for yourself.