So when my daughter went back to school I decided to take my little man to one of our local baby and toddler groups. I didn’t really go to any groups when my daughter was little and at the time i didn’t live close to any. I wasnt sure why I should go to such a thing but after having gone now am glad I did so I thought I’d share some of the reasons why i think it’s a good idea to go and try them out if your lucky enough to have one in your area.
- The first and most obvious reason is that it’s a great place to meet mums with children your child’s age. It was nice chatting to other mums going through the same things as you and makes you feel like your not alone and that you can do this even on those days when your patience is low. On my first visit everyone was so friendly which made me feel more at ease and I admit i was a little nervous about going.
- The admission price is normally pretty cheap and includes refreshments for you and your child.
- Your not committed to attend every week as you pay on the door each week and there might be weeks when you’re not able to go. It’s also normally run during school term times so you don’t have to worry about getting your older child cared for.
- It gets your child/children out the house for a while in different surroundings.
- Your child will get to meet other children similar age to them and this will help them to learn to play and interact together with others.
- Your child will get to play with a large variety of toys.
- Last but not least is that your child will enjoy themselves and my little man really loved it and we plan to keep it up.